Wednesday 22 January 2014

Over the Hills and Far Away

Welcome!

"Ptchew!"
Why hello there!

Welcome to A Redcoat Read, a blog dedicated to shamelessly and hilariously detailing, exploiting and educating folks about the War of 1812 and my time spent as a British redcoat!

But who am I? Why a red coat? And what the heck is the War of 1812? The answers to these and many more questions may (or may not) lie ahead...

First thing's first: I'm Jarrod and I'm an 1812-aholic (that suffix doesn't really translate well). Through this blog, I'll be sharing a wide variety of crazy stories, daring exploits and fun facts whilst simultaneously busting myths and raising awareness of the war that really did help shape Canada into the awesome country it is today.

Ever been to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.? If not, you should go. It's pretty nice.

If yes, have you been to Fort George? If not, you should go. It's pretty nice.

If yes, did you see the super-awesome folks dressed in period clothing? If not, you reeeeally weren't paying attention, were you?

If yes, welcome to my world!

First myth busted: I am NOT a reenactor. I do get paid to do what I do and it's a blast (pun shamelessly intended). I've been working at Fort George since 2009 and is, without a doubt, the greatest job I've had in my near-25 years. And boy, do I have some stories for you.

So if you've ever wondered what goes on in the world of historical interpretation (and be honest, who hasn't), then keep checking back for the aforementioned stories, exploits and facts.

Who knows; even here on the internet, you might just learn something...

-J-

1 comment:

  1. Jarrod! I told you this earlier but so far I am LOVING your blog. It's hilarious and extremely well written. Can't wait to return weekly to read some more interesting and hilarious stories. Keep up the awesome writing! Good luck

    ReplyDelete